Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Beginning Construction - Bodega, Workshop, Cabina



well, we have almost finished the Bodega (workshop/cabina) on my land. I have designed a very simple house that I will begin construction on in a few weeks - soon as the plan is approved and permits obtained. Ivan is doing the construction along with a small crew of two workers, a Master builder and a laboror. The price for the finished bodega is $4500 including hooking up the electric, plumbing and initial stuccoing of exterior and interior walls. Later I will be installing a toilet, sink and shower so it can be used for guest space. It is a fabulous workshop.




The walls are up and stuccoed already, electricity goes in Monday, water is already there and telephone soon. Next week the floor will be poured and the roof installed. I can hardly wait! - I may camp out in it - can't wait to watch the sunrise from there. I will have a toilet, sink and shower, and an area to accomodate a guest or two. The second bedroom in the house will be my office/guestroom. The main bedroom and the Sala/kitchen area have fabulous views with large corner windows.

I am told by the architect that to completely finish the house as planned it will cost me $25,000 including the plans, permits, hookups, and finishing - ready to move in. I will be able to pay for the materials and labor for excavation and basic structures with what I have on hand, then month to month for the rest (finishing) from my income.

I Still have not decided whether I will live here or no - it gets kinda lonely but it is a friendly neighborhood, but totally Tico and Spanish speaking.


I can't believe it has only been two weeks with two laborors working with pick and shovel. Even mixing all the concrete in a wheelbarrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home